What a mix! So the newest crisis - where do we get movie reviews from the 1920s? I mean, I can't just look into the Weekend edition of the newspaper and look at the movie guides. Well I could, but only if someone kept such things from the 20s... not happening. So that leaves me with the issue of finding period articles and reviews discussing the movies I'm hoping to watch. So here's the ease of this so far:
Finding the history for the time period of whatever movies I'm trying to watch - EASY.
Finding copies of pirate (not pirated) movies - Not easy, but not impossible.
Finding the movie reviews from the time period that fits movies I was able to find - priceless. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Otherwords, I think that this, quite honestly, will be one of my hardest points in the project. So first things first: lets find the movie reviews. THEN see which movies I can get my paws on. THEN look for history books. But since I already own history books on this time, easy. And I already own a few movies. I'm excited.
So for movie reviews. It was suggested that I use about 5 newspaper sources, at least. Also, Vanity Fair is a good one to use too. I know I can go through the library to get those. I have a feeling I'll be up on campus over summer more than I want. Hopefully I can get most of this stuff from the Cincinnati Public Library - so much easier to deal with.
So for movie reviews, I want to look at the following:
NEW YORK TIMES HISTORICAL
.... Upon looking, I'm finding.... nothing. Anywhere. Soo... more updates to come when I figure out where to find these 'historical' movie reviews.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment